Women Empowerment Policy Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 2017
The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa formulated Women Empowerment Policy Framework in 2014. Women Parliamentary Caucus (WPC) took the initiative in 2017 to review progress on the policy and identify gaps in implementation. The review and updating process was undertaken in a consultative manner involving key stakeholders from all four priority components of the policy including social, economic, legal empowerment and access to justice and political empowerment. Stakeholders representing government administrative departments, civil society organizations, UN agencies, private and legislative entities and political representatives were consulted for their inputs.
2. About The Policy:
- Vision: Empowerment of women so that they can realize their full potential and participate fully in development
- Goal: The empowerment of women of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in all spheres especially social, cultural, political, economic, legal and personal life.
- Policy Objectives:
The objectives of women empowerment policy KP are as follows:
- To create conducive socio-cultural, economic, political and legal environment to allow women to practice their fundamental rights and participate fully in all sphere of public and private life.
- To effectively mainstream women empowerment policy into sectorial policies, strategic planning structures, processes, projects, human and financial resource allocation, performance monitoring, reporting decision making at all level.
- Building and strengthening stake-holders participation and partnership for women empowerment.
- Strengthening monitoring, evaluation, audit and data system and reporting to bridge the gaps.