Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sehat Insaf ACT, 2018
What is the Act About?
The act is about the provision of health protection/healthcare to people through social health protection programme to be known as Sehat Insaf Card (SIC) Programme and its beneficiaries would be selected on the basis of Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) criteria for which they would be issued cards.
Applicability of the Card:
The card is applicable in selected government and private hospitals and each family has coverage of 540,000/- rupees annually.
What is covered in Sehat Insaf Card?
- Each family, consisting of a maximum of 8 members, will be covered worth Rs. 30,000/-. This coverage is limited to a maximum of three hospital admissions in one year.
- An admitted patient will be compensated for the “Wage Loss” and will be paid Rs. 250/- per day for three days
- Upon discharged, 5 days medicines and one routine checkup will be provided free of cost.
- Pregnancy and related issues will be covered including normal delivery and C section.
- Newborn child can also be registered for Sehat Insaf Card.
- Upon delivery, Rs. 1,000/- will be paid to the mother and if the mother dies during the treatment Rs. 10,000/- will be paid to the family members.
- In case of non-availability of the equipment or bed space, if a patient is asked to go to another hospital in some other district, the sending hospital will pay Rs. 2,000/- as shifting expenses.
- Additionally, Sehat Insaf Card provide coverage worth Rs. 300,000/- for seven critically dangerous diseases i-e heart diseases, accidents, cancer, kidney problems including dialysis, sugar problems.
How to Register for Sehat Insaf Card?
- Visit nearest Sehat Insaf Centre and provide your ID card, NADARA documents and details of your family members. If you are eligible, you will be updated about the number of family members who will be covered and you may be asked for possible inclusion or exclusion of family members for coverage.
- After completion of the registration process the eligible beneficiary will be issued a free of cost Sehat Insaf Card. You will also be given a list of the hospitals, where you can use your card.
Phone: 091- 9216013