The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Right to Public Services Act, 2014
Purpose of the Act: To provide for delivery of public services to the people of the province of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa within the stipulated time limit.
Brief Details: This act serves as a right to time bound provision of public service. Every eligible person (resident of KP) shall have the right to:
- Access to public service
- Receive the service within a specified time in a transparent manner
- Demand performance of duties and function of designated officer
- Hold accountable public officer and claim compensation on failure and/or delay in service provision
Public Display of Information
- Government may specify the time within which such services will be provide
- Notification of designated officers responsible for disposal of public service will be provided
- Recommendations will be sought from all government departments on specified time and precise description of service
Penalty on Non-Provision of Service Delivery
- Appellant authority may issue show-cause notice to designated officer if found:
- Deficient in performing the duty assigned to him/her
- Failed to deliver within the time limit without any legitimate reason
- Appellant authority may impose fine on designated officer not less than PKR500 but not exceeding PKR25000
- Commission can also impose fine on appellant authority for not deciding the appeals within time, not less than PKR1000 but not exceeding PKR25000
- The appellant authority and/or commission may be directed to award compensation not exceeding 70% of fine imposed to the aggrieved person
- The commission may recommend disciplinary action to defaulted public official
- Govt may publicize the good performers once in a quarter such as award or registering them in roll of honour once in a quarter
- Govt may appoint independent panel of evaluators for devising a comprehensive policy and may prescribe cash awards
- Any person who is found guilty of frivolous complaint, appellant authority may refer his/her case to commission who will then issue show cause notice and ask to report within 15 days.
- If commission is not satisfied with his/her reply, can impose fine not exceeding PKR50000.